PRACTICE AREA/INDUSTRY FOCUS
Intellectual Property Litigation before Indian High Courts; opposition, cancellation and other related proceedings before the Trademark Office, Design office, Copyright Office, Geographical Indications Office and Intellectual Property Appellate Board (IPAB). He handled numerous rectification and original proceedings before the High Courts of Madras, Chennai and IPAB with several reported decisions to his credentials.
- Prem, a partner at Anand and Anand, India based in South India (Chennai City) practices exclusively Intellectual Property law since 2004. He comes with more than ten years of rich experience.
- Over the years he has advised and managed large portfolios of several Indian based multinationals in the field of Alcohol & beer Industry, Pumps, FMGC and Fortune 500 companies engaged in diverse industries including paints, Tobacco products, automobile and consumer goods.
- He counsels clients on assignments, licensing, co-existence, franchise and other transactions related to intellectual property. He has travelled extensively even to remote locations in Northeast region for Intellectual Property matters.
- He appears for major US based clients before the Trademark Office and has obtained several favorable orders.
- He also conducted proceedings related to IP infringement matter before Air and Sea customs for MNC companies.
- The Bar Council of Tamil Nadu
- Madras High Court Advocates Associations, Chennai
MEMBERSHIPS AND EMPANELMENT
- Intellectual Property Association of South India (IPASI)- Founding Member
- Advisory Member- TANSTIA FNF Service Centre collaborative venture between Tamil Nadu Small and Tiny Industries Association, Chennai and Friedrich Naumann Foundation, Germany
- LLM (Masters in Law-Intellectual Property); Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India University, Tripura (2009-2011)
- BA (Academics Law), LLb. [Bachelor of Law]; DR.Ambedkar Government Law College, Pondicherry University (1999-2004)
- PGDHRM (Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management); Pondicherry University (2003)