PRACTICE AREA/INDUSTRY FOCUS
Trademark Adoption – Searching and Clearance, Trademark Prosecution and Opposition, Domain Dispute Resolution, Customs and Border Control Measures and Brand Strategist
Madhu has been associated with Anand And Anand since September 2006 and primarily handles large volume of traditional trademark work which includes drafting of oppositions, evidences, cease and desist notices, counter statements. She also renders opinions on Trademark law to various industries with particular emphasis to pharmaceutical, banking and finance and retail companies.
Madhu’s specialised area of practice is trademark searching and provides commercial and practical advice on the extent to which a brand is available for use and giving an in-depth and analytical approach on availability and registrability of a brand. Her opinion on the availability of brands are not only based on the results of the Official search conducted at the Trademarks Registry, but also includes domain name search, records maintained by UKPTO, USPTO, common law search and the inherent registrability of the trademarks. Her practice area also includes protection of intellectual property rights at Customs and has been involved in training of the Indian Customs Officials in various cities.
Madhu also has experience in appearing before the Intellectual Property Appellate Board in relation to contentious matters. She has also attended a vast number of hearings at the Trademarks Registry in relation to prosecution of trademark applications.
- The Battle for Fort William, AsiaLaw India Advisor, October 2007
- Intellectual Property in Mergers and Acquisitions in India, AsiaLaw India Advisor, April 2008
- A study of Indian companies and their approach to brand valuation, IP Value, 2011
- Licensing in India: A Business Model, IAM Licensing, 2012
- Bar Council of Delhi, Member
- International Trade Marks Association (INTA), Member