PRACTICE AREA/INDUSTRY FOCUS
Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical and Chemical.
- Nupur specializes in patent protection and enforcement and is heavily involved in the patenting arena including patent drafting, prosecution, appeals, opposition, revocation and infringement. She actively represents clients before various authorities in India including the Patent Office and Intellectual Property Appellate Board. She regularly provides opinions on patentability, freedom to operate, infringement/non-infringement, compulsory licensing issues and validity and is also involved in patent drafting and searches. A university gold medallist in Microbiology she has been practicing in the field of patents for more than 12 years. She has also authored several articles and chapters on patents.
- Prior to joining Anand and Anand she was associated with the Patent Facilitating Center, TIFAC of the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India.
- Registered Patent Agent
- LLB – Chaudhary Charan Singh University
- Post Graduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Law – NLSIU
- University Gold Medallist in M.Sc. (Hons.) Microbiology – University of Delhi
- B.Sc (Hons.) Microbiology – University of Delhi
- DL- 101 General Course on Intellectual Property: WIPO distance learning
- DL- 320 Basics of Patent Drafting
- CSIR- UGC NET (LS)
Some of her public engagements include a Session on ‘Patent & Patenting Procedures’ at the workshop ‘IPR: Its genesis, significance & compliance’ organized at the Institute of Home Economics, Delhi University for Science Lecturers, scholars and students and a Session on ‘Basics of patenting’ to Microbiology students at the Institute of Home Economics, Delhi University.