Shraddha Singh Chauhan
PRACTICE AREA/INDUSTRY FOCUS
Intellectual Property, Patents – Prosecution, Contentious and Licensing
Shraddha, is a Partner at Anand and Anand, with a distinguished and insightful career of 13 years in the field of Intellectual Property. Her practice area focuses in all areas of Patent Law, covering prosecution to strategic litigation counselling. She has also continuously represented in regard to Invalidity/Infringement Proceedings at various forums, including Indian Patent Office, Intellectual Property Appellate board (IPAB) and various High Courts.
She manages patent portfolios for several multi-billion dollar companies and comfortably handles complex technologies, including Artificial Intelligence, Consumer Appliances and Electronics, Data Storage & Software Solutions, Hybrid Engines, Internet-of-Things (IoT), Medical Devices, Renewable Energy, Semiconductor Assemblies, and Telecommunications (including 3G, 4G, LTE/LTE-A , 5G and many more).
Beyond her regular practice area, Shraddha also specializes in conducting Essentiality Evaluation of Patents conforming to Technical Standards for several telecommunication bodies such as ETSI and 3GPP.
Shraddha is also proficient in advising on strategic patent planning in areas such as pre/post-grant proceedings, licensing and pre-enforcement considerations.
Besides regularly writing in niche publications, Shraddha is also a guest faculty at RGNIIPM (Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Intellectual Property & Management) at Nagpur.
Prior to joining Anand and Anand, Shraddha was a research and development engineer at Moser Baer India Ltd (world’s 2nd largest Optical Media Manufacturer).
- Managing IP (India Edition 2014) – “How to use Patent law and Competition law in tandem”
- World Intellectual Property Review (Sept-Oct, 2014) – “India’s Patent and Competition Crossroads”
- Enrolled as a Patent Agent at Indian Patent Office
- Admitted to Bar, Member Bar Council of Delhi.
- Member – Association Internationale pour la Protection de la Propriété Intellectuelle (AIPPI)
- Member – Asian Patent Attorney Association (APAA)
- Guest Faculty to Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Intellectual Property (RGNIIPM), Nagpur.
- L.L.B. – from CCS University, Meerut.
- B.Tech – Electronics & Communication from Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University (formerly Uttar Pradesh Technical University), Lucknow.
- Certified MDP on “WTO and Intellectual Property Rights” from Institute of Management Technology (IMT), Ghaziabad.
- Certified 6-months Training in Intellectual Property from IPAI (Institute of Patent Attorneys India), Delhi.