PRACTICE AREA/INDUSTRY FOCUS
Trade Marks, Domain Dispute Resolution, Customs and Brand Strategist
Revanta has close to 10 years’ experience as a trademark practitioner and specialist with Anand and Anand. He manages substantial trademark portfolios for clients in India and works closely with a network of international contacts that the firm has developed.
Revanta handles trademark matters in a variety of industries including the automotive, alcohol, tobacco, fashion and food and beverage industries. He has advised companies in relation to adoption and protection of their brands and also on the growth and sustainability of their trademarks. Revanta’s practise areas include drafting trademark applications, trademark infringement opinions, trademark prosecution, oppositions and rectification petitions. Revanta also presents application, opposition, assignment and rectification cases at hearings before the Trade Marks Offices and the Intellectual Property Appellate Board (IPAB). His experience also includes recordal of trademarks with the Customs Authority and giving opinions on copyright infringement. Revanta also has experience of handling domain name disputes and has counseled client related to such issues before the .INRegistry and World Intellectual Property Office (WIPO).
Revanta is a regular at the International Trademark Association (INTA) Annual Meetings having attended the same annually since the year 2008. Revanta has attended various National conferences including INTA Round Table Conference and Seminars organized by the Confederation of Indian Industries (CII), Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce (FICCI) and Automotive Component Manufacturers Association (ACMA) amongst others. He has also been a speaker at the INTA Annual Meeting at Hong Kong in 2014 and ACMA Seminar in Delhi in 2015. Revanta has taken part in workshops with clients at their plants and offices to strategize with marketing teams and also create awareness of IP amongst the relevant teams.
- Bar Council of Delhi, Member
- Delhi High Court Bar Association, Member
- International Trade Marks Association (INTA), Member
- INTA Emerging Issues Committee, Member 2016-17
- India chapter in the book ‘Use of Trademark Q & A’ published by Fukami Patent Office, Japan in the year 2009
- Co-authored the India Chapter in the World Trademark Review Yearbook 2012/2013
- Co-authored the India Chapter in the World Trademark Review Yearbook 2014/2015
- Co-authored the India Chapter in the World Trademark Review Yearbook 2016/2017