PRACTICE AREA/INDUSTRY FOCUS
Litigation, Patents, Trademarks, Copyrights, Designs, Licenses, Contracts, Arbitration, Writs etc.
- Team member representing Novartis in Novartis v. UOI, first case on interpretation of Section 3(d), Patents Act from the Supreme Court of India.
- Team member representing Merck in Merck v. Glenmark, first patent case decreed in favour of the Plaintiffs in a high contested scenario under the patents Act, 1970
- Team member representing Mattel, in a tagged appeal with Microfibres v. Girdhar and Co., a leading case on interpretation of Section 15(2) of the Copyrights Act, 1957
- Team member representing Mattel in Mattel v. Jayant Agarwal, the Scrabulous case, first IP matter where trial was recorded through video-conferencing
- Team member representing AGC Flat glass, in AGC Flat Glass v. Anand Mahajan, first case under the provision of Section 57 to 59 of the Patents Act, 1970, permitting amendment of a subject patent in a suit for infringement.
- Team member representing MVF 3 ApS, in MVF 3 ApS v. M. Sivasamy, wherein for the first time a confidentiality club was devised to maintain the confidentiality of documents.
- Team member representing telecom giants like Nokia, Samsung etc.. before the Customs Authorities in patent troll matters such as the Ramkumar case (the dual sim card case) and Bharat Bhogilal case (the laser marking case).
- LL.B. from Faculty of Law, University of Delhi