PRACTICE AREA/INDUSTRY FOCUS
Intellectual Property, Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Pravin Anand, Managing Partner of Anand and Anand, completed his law studies in New Delhi in 1979 and has practiced as an IP lawyer since then.
He has been a counsel in several landmark IP cases, including those involving the first Anton Piller order (HMV); First Mareva injunction order (Philips); India’s first SEP litigation in a DVD player technology matter (Philips), Pre suit mediation Litigation involving Nokia, First Norwich Pharmacal order (Hollywood Cigarettes) Moral rights of artists (Amarnath Sehgal) First order under the Hague Convention (Astra Zeneca) and several significant cases for pharmaceutical clients such as Monsanto, Merck, Novartis, Pfizer and Roche; apart from many others. He has received the National Innovation Foundation Award from the Indian government in recognition of pro bono work for rural innovators at the grassroots.
His innovative and creative approach towards IP is reflected across the pioneering initiatives the firm has taken to develop unique IP Concepts and products including an ‘IP Board Game’, India’s First IP themed Play ‘Brainchild’, IP Comic- Adventures of Mr. IP, Compilation of legendary IP Matters in the form of a coffee table book “IPONOMICS” and others.
Pravin Anand is coauthor of Halsbury’s Laws of India on Intellectual Property and is the author of many prestigious India chapters pertaining to Patents, Copyright, Media, Telecommunications, Trade Secrets and other practice areas i.e. Copyright Throughout the World, Trade Secrets throughout the world, Global Patent Litigation Guide by Michael Elmer, Bloomberg BNA’s Global Patent Litigation Guide, Media Law International, Bird and Bird- International Intellectual property Litigation, Getting the Deal Through- Copyrights and many others. He also serves on the editorial board of several international IP journals – including many leading journals on IP jurisprudence – and international legal magazines such as CTLR, PLC – Life Sciences, Asia IP, The Patent Lawyer etc.
He is a regular speaker at various prestigious forums, including the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO), World Intellectual Property Forum, MIP- International Patent Forum, Global IP Convention(GIPC), International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI), International Trademark Association, Licensing Executives Society, International Bar Association; to name a few.
The prominent awards and accolades accorded to Mr. Anand recently includ:
- First Indian Legal Practitioner to receive the ‘AIPPI Award of Merit’
- Most Innovative Lawyer – Asia Pacific (FT Innovative Lawyers Awards 2015)
- Managing Intellectual Property – IP Stars-Patents; 2016, 2017 & 2018
- Managing Intellectual Property – IP Stars-Trademarks; 2016, 2017 & 2018
- Highly Recommended Leading Lawyer” in Intellectual Property – Chambers and Partners 2016, 2017 & 2018
- Featured in IAM 300 – World’s leading IP strategists 2016, 2017 & 2018
- Best of the Best 2016 – Top 30 Patents Practitioners in the World
- WTR 1000 Gold band recommended Lawyer; Enforcement and Litigation 2016, 2017 & 2018
- Who’s Who Legal Patents Featured Lawyer 2016, 2017 & 2018
- Who’s Who Legal Life Sciences Featured Lawyer 2016, 2017 & 2018
- Who’s Who Legal Trademarks Featured Lawyer 2016, 2017 & 2018
- WIPR Leaders – Patent, Media, Tech/Electronics 2016 & 2017
- IAM Patents1000 Gold band recommended Lawyer 2016, 2017 & 2018
- Legal Era – Star Dispute Resolution Lawyer of the year (2015-2016)
- Best of the Best – Patents Expert Guide 2016, 2017 & 2018
- Recognized lawyer for IP Litigation in the Asialaw Leading Lawyers 2016, 2017 & 2018